Thursday, June 17, 2010

Spare Me...

I still cant forget the day on which I missed a train... I reached the station panting and gasping for breath carrying all my luggage, only to see the red Cross on the rear end of the train's security wagon! If only I hadn't seen that, I would have been much less disappointed than otherwise, I thought. Opportunities slip our way, just like that train - by minutes, by seconds, by a breath, by a tear, by a sigh...

Opportunities are the easiest to find - only for those who look around! I used to think of me as an underprivileged being, with no 'good' opportunities turning my way. I used to wonder how could I become a writer, when The Hindu and Frontline had rejected my articles. Since they rejected me, I stopped writing.

What I failed to realize was that opportunities were inanimate. I always imagined them to be live, energetic and living beings which go in search of talented young blood. But they never came my way. I am sure that they never came your way too.

Then one day, accidentally, I tripped over something on my way to despair. Cursing, I got up from the dusty path and looked for the wretched obstacle that blocked my way and pulled me down. But, much to my surprise, I realized that the 'obstacle' that tripped me down was an opportunity! It was an opportunity to realize that my senses weren't dead, that my intellect wasn't frozen, and that I could still look back and abuse! Haha.. what a realization!

But that point of realization re-aligned my orientations, my interests, and my habits.

I learned that the rejection of my articles by The Hindu was an opportunity to write better and research more, which I didn't realize till then. I also learned that an opportunity lies around even in the most desperate paths, mostly in disguise- I only needed to dust it to find its worth! I began to find an opportunity every moment. My eyes bumped into an opportunity every time I looked out. Yes I learned a lesson.

Now you must be wondering, "but still you are the same! How did you make use of the opportunities you found? There is no change visible in you!"

Its a reasonable doubt. I tripped, fell and realized about the abundance of  opportunities. Why haven't I changed? Why am I still the same?

I have a reasonable answer. Here it is! "I fell just Yesterday!" Give me some time to make use of them...

Hope you got the point. If not, READ THE HEADING AGAIN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saffron Catholics of Kerala

Recently, a few Catholic dioceses in Kerala have been making statements and movements favouring right wing political parties. Some of these ...