Friday, May 19, 2023

The Quill Pen

Last year, I bought a quill pen and started using it in my office. At first, a few colleagues looked at it with curiosity and made cute comments. Some touched it, some wrote with it.

In a few days, curiosity died; but people continued to talk about it when they saw me writing with it, as if it is one of the 7 wonders of the world, and nothing less than the Taj Mahal!

Eventually, the news reached the boss. The boss waited for an occasion to extract his share of fun off of me. During the Townhall that month, he brought it up. "Hei Mathews, it seems you've got yourself a fancy quill pen! When's the party?"


I replied, "Ah yes sir, I got one. Luckily, it will not put anyone's life in danger, unlike the new office building you are building and becoming super rich with. Want to try it? I can bring it to your office. It is a safe pen."

There was absolute silence. 

The Townhall was eventless and smooth. And my quill pen remained in popular memory for a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saffron Catholics of Kerala

Recently, a few Catholic dioceses in Kerala have been making statements and movements favouring right wing political parties. Some of these ...